Thursday, April 5, 2012

Crispy Kangkong


When I was a little girl, my lola would always tease me every time I eat kangkong. She would say that most of the people on our province do not eat this, since instead of using this veggie on their dish, they’d rather give it to the pigs. However, that didn’t stop me from eating this veggie every time my mom would cook Sinigang na Baboy for the whole family.

So earlier this morning, I cooked crispy kangkong with full of hopes that I can achieve the crispness of each leaves plus the saltiness of the crispy kangkong from Mang Inasal. This was a trial and error on my part, but I am proud to say that the whole family enjoyed munching on it. (Only if I made a dip for this appetizer). Haha. But overall, they rated my own version of crispy kangkong with 5 stars! That’s why they asked me to cook if for 2 days in a row. Haha.  


Ingredients:
1 bunch of kangkong
1 sachet of Magic Sarap
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ ground black pepper
1 cup of cold water
1 cup of flour
2 cups of cornstarch
Canola cooking oil for frying

What you need to do:

On a bowl, mix the egg, black pepper, water, flour, cornstarch and magic sarap. Mix and make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.

 ♥ Remove the kangkong leaves, but do not throw the stems. You can still use this for Sauteed Kangkong ☻

♥ Put the kangkong leaves on the batter.

♥ Once the leaves are coated with batter, fry on high heat.

♥ Once the texture looks crispy, drain on paper towel.

♥ Serve with love and happy eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment